Logo Design Competition

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by ian, Aug 27, 2004.

to remove all ads.
  1. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

wow, i really like that! :)

2. StephanieCordray

StephanieCordray New Member

I like it, too, z... I wonder how it will look if you shrink it down to ian's specs... or maybe he'll like it well enough to use anyway.

3. kereliuk

kereliuk New Member

clutter

I found that if I shrank it down to the specs Ian wanted, it was exremely cluttered and didn't even look the same. I'll just wait to see what Ian has to say
    - cheers

4. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately entries which do not meet the size requirements will not be considered. I do not want to make the header area larger to accomodate a larger logo.

5. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

Aww, boo! That logo creams over all of the others, Ian! =)

Kere, how would it look if you laid the text over the design? Would it be unreadable? If not, that'd be a good way to shrink it down without just squishing it...

Me, I'd take it as is, but unfortunately I don't have "Administrator" under my name here... =P Besides, my sites do tend towards larger headers anyway, each to their own I guess...

6. ianatkins

ianatkins New Member

Hello Guys.
    Here's my entry, if you like it I can easily tweak fonts / colours.

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Ian
    http://www.80four.co.uk

7. kereliuk

kereliuk New Member

heres a downsized version. I don't like it quite as much, but that comes with the job, building to specs. of others - hope you like it Ian ...

Attached Files:

8. Wynnefield

Wynnefield New Member

i like your style kereliuk ... although i much prefer the original design, you are correct -- we are in the business of solving client's problems to their specifications, and imho you did an excellent job ...

9. StephanieCordray

Here's my lame attempt.

Attached Files:

10. ClaytonG

ClaytonG New Member

[​IMG]

I have to build a profile so I did this one. hehe. Made it pretty for ya since I was bored. hehe. Also made a big verison for any furture wants of making a wallpaper with the logo or anything.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  11. AainaA

AainaA New Member

That's a very six degrees like thingy you have. I like it though :)

12. AainaA

AainaA New Member

Lame or not, I like it. But I wonder why most designers go for the one eyed monster? We're all two if not more than two eyes... :D

13. AainaA

AainaA New Member

I like the fresh colour of the globe, and the mirror fx. Hmmmm I like most of the banners here.. I also like that bubbly thingy up there as well...

but to narrow it down for a long term branding relations, I think Ian would definately have a harrowing time...

later,

14. kereliuk

kereliuk New Member

hah, im sorry, maybe im out of the web design loop, but whats "six degrees" mean ?

15. AainaA

AainaA New Member

well it was once a very popular site for business and social networking. i see that their site is now down and out. its similar to ryze.com and ecademy.co.uk

they were first to do it however.

16. kereliuk

kereliuk New Member

finally got around to color matching the background, plus a few little modifications to the final -
    -cheers

Attached Files:

17. ian

These is another entry I received

Attached Files:

18. ian

Well, the closing date for the competition has arrived, and I would like to announce the winner of the web design forum logo competition as ianatkins.
    I liked most of the designs, thank you very much for the hard work that all of the entrants have placed into creating their designs.
    ianatkins, I have sent you a private message with regards to the prize money.

19. StephanieCordray

Congrats, Ian Atkins!!

20. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

congrats ian atkins. :)

lol... hard work...