Logo Design Competition

Chroder

I like that, simple. It reminds me of one of those simple logos that you always remember for some weird reason... Not sure about the greyish gradient to the left though. Looks almost yellow-ish grey, is it? Makes it seem dirty or something. Maybe whiter or maybe a light blue would make it look better.

Iunno :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
not sure why it looks kind of yellowish... i used gray for the gradient because i wanted sumthing subtel that would stand out like an eye sore. i decided against white because i simply didn't want it to blend in with the background for some reason or another. *shrug* unfortunetly i closed PS without saving it (was in a hurry to be somewhere). so if i wanted to use that, but with a different color i would need to re-create it. luckily it is quite simple though and wouldn't take me more than 5-10 minutes max. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice, The logo part would be a cool concept for forum old, forum new buttons. For some reason I couldnt get the text on the WDF forum new icons to look sharp since the text is so small. They look blurred to me.

AainaA

Z! the yellowing could be due to the color subset or .... reduction of colors when you.. euh.. what's the word again... anyways, I like it! strong... the arrow or direction... however.. ??

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
AainaA said:
Z! the yellowing could be due to the color subset or .... reduction of colors when you.. euh.. what's the word again... anyways, I like it! strong... the arrow or direction... however.. ??
thanks aa! :) no real particular meaning behind the logo... i originally had a power/on button symbol in mind, kind of like, "start up your site... WDF" kind of thing. then, when i went and got started on it, i decided to try out an arrow instead just simply because i thought it might look cool. to be honest, i am kind of disappointed with the way it turned out... maybe that's why i subconsiously closed PS without saving the .psd first. *shrug*

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i see you just changed the color scheme of the site to slighly darker blue. i guess we will all have to redo our logos now! :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
No, its alright, I will consider all of entries as they are.
I was just playing around with a few colors last night, I thought the shade of blue was too light and that it needs a slightly darker edge to the site given that all the other colors are a very light shades.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw ian, when viewing this site using firefox, your signiture is all messed up. *shrug*

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i'll take a screenshot for you tomorrow and post it, i really must be getting to bed now... way past my bed time once again. :)

Chroder

Yeah, looks like those font tags make the underlines go wacky.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 225

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Ill look at that on the weekend. I copied and pasted my signature from computerforum.com I wonder if that looks crap too.

steve_uk

Hey there, just discovered this forum and thought I'd give this logo design thang a go:

wdf.gif

jancz3rt

Await My Entry :)

I will post something real soon. I must say I like the ones so far. See ya guys....gotta go sleep.

JAN :D

srben

hi,
i too have just stumbled accross this board and thought i'd knock up a quick design, i may do another one later if thats alrite by you folks

Attachments

• logo.gif
    logo.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 154

jancz3rt

OK my entries :))

Here are my entries people. I prefer simlicity. I prefer the last one over all the other. Look at number 2 here and 6 in the following post. Those others were simple and faster.

JAN :D

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.gif