Logo Design Competition

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to hold a logo design competition for a logo for my forum.
The prize will be US$30 payable via PAYPAL.COM
It must contain the words "Web Design Forum" perhaps together with some kind of logo image with the letters WDF.
The size should be approximatelty 350x25 or 350x30 at the biggest.
Should be either a transparent image or have a background color which matches the forum color of #7086B2
The closing date for the competition will be 10 March 2005

Last edited:

nomav6

Im not to good with design, I'm more of the tech type guy then the art guy, but I thought I would give it a shot, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 698

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Hi nomav6 and Lorand, welcome :)
The spiderweb is a nice touch, and kind of appropriate.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
very nice chroder... but i would have used something other than blue on the text. would have helped to offset it a little more from the background. :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
cool beanz! :) i'm sure he'll like it... but it's still early in the competition, so you have lots of time to experiment with it.

Chroder

It's early in the competition so that means there's plenty of time for a real graphics artist to come along :p

Lorand

Nice logo, Chroder!
But using the globe in a logo gives me some negative feelings. Just look who have a globe in their logos: Amway, World Bank, UN, IMF, etc. Even the former USSR’s emblem contained a globe...

Chroder

I use globes all the time, becuase it's the only nice shape that comes with Photoshop :D I used to have a better looking globe, well a 'world'. Instead of lines it was filled in like a real globe, i can't find it though ><

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like it Chroder, I agree with z's comments re the text though.
A darker color would probably stand out better.
And text wise, I would probably have something like I dont know "Your friendly webmaster community" or something tacky like that. Cause this site is far from being number one :p

Lorand

Yeah, but never trust in companies that have a globe in their logo.
The meaning of such a logo could be: "we are the best in the whole world", "we represent the Earth's population", "we rule the world", "the Earth would stop spinning if we weren't here", etc. Anyway, that's all lies...
So don't lie with the logo. Only megalomaniac companies use everything (including the globe) to lie to us.
Btw, here's some more globe-logo examples: CNN, FIFA.

Almost forgot: do you know why I won't switch to FireFox?
That's why:
header.png

Last edited:

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
very nice logo aa! :)

as to chroders logo... i thought of a sphere, rather than a globe when i saw the shape... but then again, i am weird like that. :D

AainaA

re-designed to fit the masthead dimension... just for fun
it might be a bit too long ... but i'm almost blind on the web :p

Attachments

• aa_wdf_mhead.png
    aa_wdf_mhead.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 225

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i like it, but the tag line looks a bit out of place where it is. should be an easy fix though. :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
here is a quick one... if i find the time, i'll try and make something better later... that logo/simble thing doesn't look anywhere near as cool as i hoped it would. :(

anyways....

Attachments

• z_wdf_mhead.gif
    z_wdf_mhead.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 237