Logo Design Competition

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by ian, Aug 27, 2004.

to remove all ads.
  1. jancz3rt

jancz3rt New Member

And the overall image :))

My personal favorite here. This is what it looks like when added to the top :)
    JAN :D

Attached Files:

• 6.gif
      6.gif
      File size:
      5.8 KB
      Views:
    • demo.gif
      demo.gif
      File size:
      8.3 KB
      Views:
  2. jancz3rt

jancz3rt New Member

Lol

What has happened here? It looks like a bomb exploded and killed everyone :). Ok enough childish talk from me...but please come back. LOL.

JAN :D

3. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

FWIW, my personal favorite so far has been the first one by AainaA. Sophisticated, subtle, but very effective. Some of the others have been a little clich├ęd, and others have been a bit too upbeat, modern, street, I can't think of the word I'm looking for here, but essentially I've seen some styles better suited to a band forum, or a skateboarding forum, or something to attract teens, rather than a professional business advice/support forum. Just my humble opinions of course, it's up to Ian in the end. A lot of good work though, in all cases. Next time I need a logo, I think I'll post here before paying somebody up front for a logo sight unseen! =)

4. suz

suz New Member

I guess the concept is a bit overused but I thought I'd submit my attempt too.
    :eek:

Attached Files:

5. [tab]

[tab] Opera/Firefox on Debian Staff Member

Cool SuZ...
    The gear stick in our car has a redback spider encased in plastic/resin/something.

6. suz

suz New Member

That would look pretty cool. And it can be a warning to all other redbacks to stay away or they'll end up in there too :)

7. [tab]

Tsk tsk... I just noticed your pathetic post count... even worse than mine.

Ian pointed me to your blog today... interesting. I'll commence spamming it with my usual #$%& ASAP.

8. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

Yeah, resin... man, I haven't seen one of those in about twenty years... you're old school, man... =)

9. [tab]

Hehe... actually my wife bought it for her "beep beep" Barina... before we even met.

10. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

And, would that happen to have been more than twenty years ago? >=)

11. suz

suz New Member

Loking forward to that! And no your posts are not #$%&!

I'll be working on the pathetic postcount I promise :)

12. [tab]

It's cool that you've enrolled in that TAFE course. I've done the diploma version of the same course (didn't get to finish because they ran out of people, ended up with the Certificate IV... but I'm not bitter).

It's a pretty easy course, and you get to meet people with similar interests...

I hope you learn Linux... then we can trade nerdy tips.

13. suz

suz New Member

Mine is just a certificate 1 lol. What do you mean they ran out of people? Everyone quit?

As for meeting people with similar interests...well that's what I'm afraid of.. lol no just kidding I love comp geeks and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the course.

14. Wynnefield

Wynnefield New Member

ian ... are you still looking for a banner/logo mark, or is the one at top of this page what you finally decided upon? sorry if i missed it somewhere in the thread, but i didn't see where you had made a decision yet ...

thank you

15. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

I think it's become something of an open-ended event... when Ian sees one he likes, he'll use it, and then if somebody comes along a few weeks later and posts one he likes more, he'll use that instead... {egrin} =P

16. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I should finalize this.
    The closing date is set at 10 March 2005, a month from today.
    No the logo at the top is not what will stay.

17. Wynnefield

Wynnefield New Member

here's a pretty cheesy animated version i put together this evening ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  18. kereliuk

kereliuk New Member

web design forum logo

whats up everyone- , Im new here but here's a little somthing I threw together..

Attached Files:

• wdf1.jpg
      wdf1.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
  19. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

Hey, I quite like this one... simple and effective, but without being plain or generic. Good work!

20. SuperSmash

SuperSmash New Member

Hey all, I think I'm gonna try my hand at making you a logo (btw, I really like yours, kereliuk). But anyway, don't close the competition yet ;-)