web design help

gurdevsingh

I am beginner . I want to learn web designing.From where i should start .I just completed my high school study and have taken admission in B.Sc.(IT).
Please help me

thotheolh

Go to http://www.w3schools.com to learn basic HTML and look into a bit of Javascript.

You can use a Notepad or text editor to do editing and save the html pages as a '.html' extension and for Notepad, change the 'save as type' in the save as dialof box to 'All Files'.

There are tools like Notepad++ (Windows) you can use for editing too and some GUI based free software web designer like 'kompozer' for editing.

SpiderWeb

Go to your local bookstore and buy a good book on (X)HTML and CSS. Master these two skills, then start worrying about more advanced things such as php, JavaScript, graphic design, etc.

Also, if you can afford it, consider investing in a WYSIWYG editor such as Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expression Web. I prefer Dreamweaver because of its autosuggest feature, but I'm sure Expression Web has something similar. Tools like this can help you learn quicker, but make sure you write your own code instead of dragging and dropping and having the editor write the code for you.

walkingbird

Start with css and html as mentioned above there are many great resource sites on the internet. Another great way to learn is by looking at source code of sites to see exactly how they did something. Starting off Dreamweaver would be nice but a simple text editor is free. You will know more if you just use a simple text editor

petarpan

Lynda.com (huh this is free commercial for them) is in my opinion best video tutorial site out there ! You should probably check it out.

joe

Another tip I have is to scour the internet for code that does things you want to do and then practice manipulating it to do something else. Create yourself a project and then go over and beyond simple. From my experience, anything you need done has been done, you just have to find it. This way you learn where to find it and how to change it to suit your needs.