Web Design/Development Degree

StephanieCordray

one more thing. i play a lot of games at fairly competitive level. i am not the best, but i can hold my own in most games. yet from day one on, i could not stand the sims. i don't know what it is, but that game just annoys the crap out of. lol

James doesn't like it either... he hates the building up of it... the getting the jobs, building the houses, things like that... once he gets a few families going he likes it pretty good... he usually gets me to build houses for him.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol... i guess part of being a gamer is wanting to escape reality and play some role in a crazy scenario of some sort. the sims does not offer that to me. it seems to much like work. but i guess once everything is setup and going, it might be interesting.

StephanieCordray

thanks for the link... the problem is I don't have the right skills... yet... I would probably have to spend some time in school and I'm loathe to do that... I made my B.S. in 2 1/2 years and just under that for the Master's... I'm tired of school for a few years.

StephanieCordray

The Sims2 can get really crazy. There are a lot of third party patches that can make things really interesting... You can create some really screwed up families... and some not so screwed up, too, of course.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i once had the girl beat her boy roomate until he moved out. i thought that was rather entertaining. :p

how did you manage to get you BS in 2.5 years? more importantly, how did you find the cash to do so? very impressive btw. shows character.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I hate any kind of formal education and exams, I like to learn everything I need to know with the help of google.

StephanieCordray

i once had the girl beat her boy roomate until he moved out. i thought that was rather entertaining. :p

how did you manage to get you BS in 2.5 years? more importantly, how did you find the cash to do so? very impressive btw. shows character.

How about a woman beating her husband up on a regular basis and he stayed?

Getting a B.S. in 2.5 years... with honors even(barely)... I didn't study much... I made classes, tutored other courses... basically taught statistics, but tutored English, Biology, and Math up to Calculus... and raised a family... no time for studying. Let's see, I was President of the Chapter's PsyChi honor society, Student of the Year the year I graduated, presented original research at a national convention... not a bad haul for the small amount of time.... They even put me in the paper because I did all that. This was about 8 years ago when I still had lots of energy. My, how things have changed these days, rofl. I'm old now and I still haven't recovered.

StephanieCordray

I hate any kind of formal education and exams, I like to learn everything I need to know with the help of google.

The problem with googling everything is sometimes with stuff like what we've been talking about I don't know where to start, but I'm burned out on formal education myself.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i miss college personally. despite having to work my ass off just to merely be there, i had a good time. met all sorts of interesting people from around the world, while doing something i enjoyed. exams never really were a big problem for me unless i didn't like the subject. if i find the class boring, i have a hard time learning much of anything.

StephanieCordray

Perhaps in a few more years, I can think about it... My "plate" is just too full right now. I may not have a lot of work with the biz but I have grandsons, *grin*. They take up a lot of my time, too. Still, it would be nice to learn something new.