Plugin or Script to allow visitors to text website owner?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Bay Area Website Designer, Dec 6, 2016.

to remove all ads.
  1. Bay Area Website Designer

Bay Area Website Designer New Member

Currently looking for a simple plugin for WordPress (or similar script elsewhere) to allow visitors to send a text to the business owner from their website.

I'm having an unexpected difficult time finding such a thing. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yes, but you need to have drivers/plugins/APIs (Application Programming Interface) that connect to a mobile network provider installed on your server or hardware that works as a 'tethered' mobile/cell phone physically connected to the server hardware does.

Use your preferred Internet search engine and search for "SMS gateway API" or similar

3. Bay Area Website Designer

Bay Area Website Designer New Member

Good points chrishirst, however, I have seen a few plugins within WordPress that already exist, but all have stopped working for some reason. I'm wondering if cell phone carriers are putting a stop to this, but I don't see why. This seems like a good idea for a plugin though doesn't it? Making it easier for potential customers to contact local business owners to improve a better user and customer service experience.