logo feedback needed

AnnaBlanch

Hi! I’m a newbie here and I need your help. Here is a new logo of my website http://resumewritinglab.com/, a new one because a few days ago we changed it.

logo.png

The company is offering writing services connected with resume, CV, so it was rather difficult to make a notable logo and I need feedback. And please, visit the website, and write what you think about the whole design of the website? Thanks in advance for your time on providing your reviews.

chrishirst

Staff member
You need to work on some of the grammar if you want to be taken seriously.

Because;
"Help of online resume service" is most definitely "Indlish" grammar.

And;
"or perhaps better formatted"

The correct English phrase is "or with an improved presentation perhaps?"

IF you are going to present yourself as a "writing service", your website prose MUST be written and presented far, far better than the people reading the site copy can manage.

In this;
"You even created a LinkedIn profile, but almost nobody views it, not to mention some offers"

The 'even' is superfluous, and turns the sentence into a statement rather than the question you should be presenting to the viewer.

and the ending of;

"but almost nobody views it, not to mention some offers"

Is nonsense

That WHOLE sentence should be 'a call to action', not a piece of 'filler text' that breaks the attention flow between the questions posed in the opening sentences and the proposal of being a credible solution.

To break it down further: "but almost nobody views it" is not a writing problem purely because tin no one visits it, they do not know how well or how poorly it is written.
Then the following, "not to mention some offers", surely you are wanting to imply that they get NO offers of employment, perhaps due to the poor quality of their writing skills.

AnnaBlanch

You need to work on some of the grammar if you want to be taken seriously.

Because;
"Help of online resume service" is most definitely "Indlish" grammar.

And;
"or perhaps better formatted"

The correct English phrase is "or with an improved presentation perhaps?"

IF you are going to present yourself as a "writing service", your website prose MUST be written and presented far, far better than the people reading the site copy can manage.

In this;
"You even created a LinkedIn profile, but almost nobody views it, not to mention some offers"

The 'even' is superfluous, and turns the sentence into a statement rather than the question you should be presenting to the viewer.

and the ending of;

"but almost nobody views it, not to mention some offers"

Is nonsense

That WHOLE sentence should be 'a call to action', not a piece of 'filler text' that breaks the attention flow between the questions posed in the opening sentences and the proposal of being a credible solution.

To break it down further: "but almost nobody views it" is not a writing problem purely because tin no one visits it, they do not know how well or how poorly it is written.
Then the following, "not to mention some offers", surely you are wanting to imply that they get NO offers of employment, perhaps due to the poor quality of their writing skills.

Thanks a lot for your reply, this was the most detailed reply I'd ever received. It's very helpful! Where can I contact you, email or private messages perhaps?

chrishirst

Staff member
Sure, you can PM me here, catch me at webmaster-talk.eu, though bear in mind I prefer to answer general question publicly, simply because more people may benefit from the information and interchange of ideas.

joseph franklin

Logo is nice. If you Add one paper than it would look more good. Other wide Logo id nice.
It means you have a pen and paper as per my view.

Mark Spidle

I like the logo, it matches well with the service you are offering. The website looks very professional and nice. I would really look at some of the grammar though as others have stated. Once that is worked through it will be a great site.