How to make a satisfied client?

3dmagicaldesign

Well... first at all you need to be proficient when you offer your services, you need to make everything clear so you will always provide the same things that you are offering to your client with your words, sometimes when you don't explain yourself very well there could be misunderstandings = not satisfied client.

I've had some bad experiences with Indian outsourcing companies, everytime that you ask a question they say "yes sir" or even worst, they always use the "U" instead "you", I don't mean to be racist or something but that's something you never can do when you are dealing with a client online, you need to make sure that your grammar and spelling are good enough, that way clients will know how professional you are. When you are doing business online, your chat log is your company profile.

Secondly, you need to provide an excellent customer service. Don't think about your client as money, think about your client as a happy friends who will bring more friends to your community.

Once you finish your projects, send 1 monthly email to your client to say hi, to tell him about your new projects, etc. That's the better way to keep in touch.

I really hope replies and contributions to this posting

scarlett

Also, if your client is open to other ideas, then suggest. This way, your client will do that you are not just like a secretary and you really know your field.

With regards to saying "Yes sir" without really understanding what client wants is the worst thing that you can do. Take notes to what your client is saying, ask if there is something to you want to be cleared and at the end of conversation, double check if what you understood is correct by ending it with:

Okay sir the following will be done before or on our agreed deadline:
- state your tasks/clients request here
- state your tasks here/clients request here

lilraver

I'd like to thank you for this thread. Its giving me insight on more things to look out for and keep in mind when going into business. Yes, and grammar is a big thing for me. I know a lot of people look at names and it takes them a minute longer to trust the person that has a weird name, but if their grammar isn't good and if their words don't make sense, then there's no way I could do business with them.

card-maker

You guys might enjoy the Web Design Business Kit from Sitepoint. It addresses issues like this and is really terrific. I bought one and learned a lot. FYI: No, I have no affiliation with Sitepoint.