How do I advertise my web design services?

toktok

Advertise locally, to local businesses - and do the first few sites for free. You can't pay for the advertising that a few happy customers can buy. Then you can list their sites on your site as work you've done.

Walking around is another way - call on local merchants who have no web presence. Make sure you know what the hosting and domain name will cost them. Have a few available domain names for them.

Check on the web for how you should word your contracts - if you don't have a good contract you'll be doing a lot of free work and have a lot of dissatisfied clients, or lose clients. Even for your free work - this is what you want, this is what I'll give you and there won't be any charge. Any additional work will be charged for at X rate. That kind of thing. (There are some sites that sell boilerplate you can use. They're written by people who learned the hard way.)

http://www.web-optimize.com

Last edited by a moderator:

ishie

If you want to do it without spending a single dime, do the usual site promotion techniques like directory submission, classified ad posting, email marketing, etc. These methods work to generate more traffic to your site.

HostColor

"Toktok" did what exactly anyone must not do if they wanted to create a quality posting history in any forum. Promotion or Self-promotion with the first post is wrong.

lauryn tom

advertise first to your friends in social networks.. then have them help you pass it out... then you can go to web design directories and have your services posted there

Goldstar

Banned
10 ways to promote your website
1. Post newsgroups
2. Press releases
3. Email to VIPs
4. Article submission
5. Reciprocal Links
6. Forum Posting
7. Directory submission
8. Tell everyone with whom you communicate
9. Post adds to free advertising website
10. Blogging

Regards,

NewPlan

You should find a good marketing suite as well. Just two applications it should have is an ad tracker so you cansee what works and what dosn't and a leadsmanager to keep all your contacts orginized

jaywebdev

I create quality links for my site by keep on creating links to a related sites. Just what like I'm doing right now. ;) And be descriptive with the information of your offered services.

che09

If you want to do it without spending a single dime, do the usual site promotion techniques like directory submission, classified ad posting, email marketing, etc. These methods work to generate more traffic to your site.

I believe this would be a good start,if you don't want to spend so much money on advertising you can definitely do this!

noelagnote

Try article marketing, blog marketing, forum posting and use social media for promotion of your website. These are effective methods building a good online presence.

chamaltatis

You can do PPC if your have some budget. However if you want a free way, do article marketing and email marketing. They are both good way to generate more traffic to your site. In article marketing, just learn SEO stuffs like search for rich keywords and use them in your article.

ccowan

Craigslist is a great way to advertise your services. It can be tricky but if you do things legitimately and follow the craigslist rules you can get a constant flow of traffic to your site.

krymson

Advertise locally, to local businesses - and do the first few sites for free. You can't pay for the advertising that a few happy customers can buy. Then you can list their sites on your site as work you've done.

Walking around is another way - call on local merchants who have no web presence. Make sure you know what the hosting and domain name will cost them. Have a few available domain names for them.

http://www.web-optimize.com

This is what I have done, it works but its a lot of time and you have to have the nerve to take all the rejections. If you get a community news paper that have business listing take a look in those. Most businesses list all their contact info including website url, if a business does not have a url then give them a call see if they have a site, if they dont then offer your services and set up an appointment and be presentable. It works... trust me

LucasL

Google Adwords is the best but also very expensive.

Free Classified Posting will be the better choice but won't be as effective as it is free to start with.