Google Adsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well google adsense appears to be the best performing source for advertising revenue at the moment.
Has anyone had any success with any other programs?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only check i have ever gotten was from Advertising,com... but then again, i don't try very hard! :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am sure advertising on google would be great... it's hard to get any better, targeted advertising in than that.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
AainaA said:
have you or anyone here advertised on googs / yahoo before?
I have never advertised on Yahoo before, google adwords was the only site I have tried, spent less than $10 though.

AainaA

ian said:
I have never advertised on Yahoo before, google adwords was the only site I have tried, spent less than $10 though.
did it give you the results you wanted?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
ian said:
lol, that sounds like my kind of budget right there. how did it work out for you?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
It was ok I guess.
It was advertising for wmf.
It all depends on the keywords you target though, some can be very expensive. For instance if you were to advertise anything web hosting related, it would cost a lot.

AainaA

yeah I gathered that, but I'm so lazy when the officers come to me and tell me that my add does not relate to the site, when it clearly does. Maybe when MY "new" site is being launched, I'd most probably "hire" an expert to help me out there

demian

I'm pretty sure google adsense is among the best ways to advertise... but how much does it really cost, because I think that when I see how much it is, i'll just go :eek:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
demian said:
I'm pretty sure google adsense is among the best ways to advertise... but how much does it really cost, because I think that when I see how much it is, i'll just go :eek:
The cost depends on the keywords that you are advertising for. Some terms are more costly and competitive than others, due to their profit potential.

suz

I've never had as much results earning money as I have with Google's adsense although the Xara products have come close. They're pretty good.
I've tried advertising on Google Adwords, but then soon realized without close tracking of where people are coming from I just have no idea if it's worth it to keep going. So I'll start again once I have my tracking sorted out properly. :) Adwords can eat your money right up if you're not careful so you really have to have your act together and know what you're doing. Which I don't.

Vaelor

Hey, question for those of you who are/have been members of Google AdSense...

Do they actually manually (ie. via human operator review) approve your site when you sign up for the program, or are all applications pretty much automatically accepted?

Reason I ask is that my main site is currently mostly offline at the moment, but I want to sign up with AdSense in preparation of getting everything back together again. I'd like to avoid a "Sorry, we don't allow sites with no content to apply, please try again when your whole site is complete!" style human rejection of my application.

Thanks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
They do manually review each site and manually approve/reject applications, so dont apply unless your site is ready. Quite a few people with fully developed sites have been rejected if it is not the type of site that they are looking for to publish ads.

Vaelor

ian said:
They do manually review each site and manually approve/reject applications, so dont apply unless your site is ready. Quite a few people with fully developed sites have been rejected if it is not the type of site that they are looking for to publish ads.
Thanks for the heads up Ian. I banged together a quick site in under an hour, and was approved for AdSense, so I'm ready to go now! Appreciate you letting me know about the manual approval to save me the trouble of rejection/resubmission!

Status
Not open for further replies.