Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs and Advertising Space' started by ian, Aug 27, 2004.

to remove all ads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

Well google adsense appears to be the best performing source for advertising revenue at the moment.
    Has anyone had any success with any other programs?

2. Chroder

Chroder New Member

The most success I ever got has been with Adsense...

3. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

the only check i have ever gotten was from Advertising,com... but then again, i don't try very hard! :p

4. AainaA

AainaA New Member

hmmmm what about... advertising on google / yahoo? is it really worth it?

5. zkiller

i am sure advertising on google would be great... it's hard to get any better, targeted advertising in than that.

6. AainaA

AainaA New Member

have you or anyone here advertised on googs / yahoo before?

7. zkiller

i haven't... all my projects have been of the low budget kind.

8. ian

I have never advertised on Yahoo before, google adwords was the only site I have tried, spent less than $10 though.

9. AainaA

AainaA New Member

did it give you the results you wanted?

10. zkiller

lol, that sounds like my kind of budget right there. how did it work out for you?

11. ian

It was ok I guess.
    It was advertising for wmf.
    It all depends on the keywords you target though, some can be very expensive. For instance if you were to advertise anything web hosting related, it would cost a lot.

12. AainaA

AainaA New Member

yeah I gathered that, but I'm so lazy when the officers come to me and tell me that my add does not relate to the site, when it clearly does. Maybe when MY "new" site is being launched, I'd most probably "hire" an expert to help me out there

13. demian

demian New Member

I'm pretty sure google adsense is among the best ways to advertise... but how much does it really cost, because I think that when I see how much it is, i'll just go :eek:

14. StephanieCordray

StephanieCordray New Member

A friend of mine suggested overture not long ago. Said she got better results there than with google. It might be worth checking out.

15. ian

The cost depends on the keywords that you are advertising for. Some terms are more costly and competitive than others, due to their profit potential.

16. demian

demian New Member

I see, thanks for the info!

17. suz

suz New Member

I've never had as much results earning money as I have with Google's adsense although the Xara products have come close. They're pretty good.
    I've tried advertising on Google Adwords, but then soon realized without close tracking of where people are coming from I just have no idea if it's worth it to keep going. So I'll start again once I have my tracking sorted out properly. :) Adwords can eat your money right up if you're not careful so you really have to have your act together and know what you're doing. Which I don't.

18. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

Hey, question for those of you who are/have been members of Google AdSense...

Do they actually manually (ie. via human operator review) approve your site when you sign up for the program, or are all applications pretty much automatically accepted?

Reason I ask is that my main site is currently mostly offline at the moment, but I want to sign up with AdSense in preparation of getting everything back together again. I'd like to avoid a "Sorry, we don't allow sites with no content to apply, please try again when your whole site is complete!" style human rejection of my application.

Thanks.

19. ian

They do manually review each site and manually approve/reject applications, so dont apply unless your site is ready. Quite a few people with fully developed sites have been rejected if it is not the type of site that they are looking for to publish ads.

20. Vaelor

Vaelor New Member

Thanks for the heads up Ian. I banged together a quick site in under an hour, and was approved for AdSense, so I'm ready to go now! Appreciate you letting me know about the manual approval to save me the trouble of rejection/resubmission!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.