Favourite Acor and Actress

pipit

AainaA said:
Ah.. Julia Roberts and that guy in Pretty Woman they were good, but you tend to like these actors/actresses by the way they look or even by the way they react to a certain given situation, but does that make them really good "actors/actresses"?

hmmm

NO...i don't like those only from they look....
Emilio Estevez isn't famous as he use to be, and the movie(maximum overdrive or s'thing) is also not famous, but he really play great there.
and as for Julia Robert. Well, she's beautiful, i admit it, so what....it doesn't make she's bad actress, right? she played good in PW, and Erin Brokovich in my opinion.

and for comedian. i like Mr. Bean(Rotwan Atkinson). ha ha ha he's funny

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, mr. bean is cool. one of my best friends, whom unfortunetly moved away as well, looks and acts exactly like him.

i really don't think julia roberts is all that. she isn't ugly by all means, but here mouth is just huge! :eek: she isn't a bad actress at all. and btw, that was richard gere in pretty woman with her.

richard gere is also a very good actor. i really liked his work in the mothman prophecies. that was a very cool movie btw! :)

i am sort of suprised that no has mention tom hanks, or meg ryan, whom have both done some excellent work as far as acting goes.

there really are so many great actors and actresses out there that i honestly can't pick a favourite.

for instance, hale berry (sp?) also did some very nice work in gothika.

then there also is harrison ford who has done some great movies and has proven his talent time and time again. so has eddie murphy, whom has been done some pretty good movies fairly resently as well. or, how about steve martin? another great comedian and actor and not to forget robin willians, whom is by far one of the best at was he does as well.

see what i mean? how can you truely choose a favorite, when there are so many great ones out there.

anyways.... pipit, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I liked Halle Berry in Gothika as well, was a scary movie, well a little scary.
When I was younger I used to be a Steve Martin fan, but dont care much for his movies now.
Oh yeah and Eddie Murphy was cool in Trading Places, you wouldnt believe how many times I have seen that movie.
My favourite comedy duo would have to be Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder, I can watch those movies over and over again, whenever they screen on tv.

AainaA

i think i like the girl who played Alias - Jennifer Gartner? and the one who plays Dark Angel - Jesica Alba... as to the guys, I love them all, as long as they'rent MPS :)

pipit

zkiller said:
i am sort of suprised that no has mention tom hanks, or meg ryan, whom have both done some excellent work as far as acting goes.

there really are so many great actors and actresses out there that i honestly can't pick a favourite.
Oooo...I'm forget Tom Hanks. he's great too.
maybe from many great actor/actresses out there, only few that can remind longer time in my head. and that's Emilio Estevez. I don't know why. but sometimes u can't define why do you like something,right?

zkiller said:
anyways.... pipit, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

I'm Indonesian. the country is located between Malaysia and Australia. come visit, Z and I'll be a good host. :)

AainaA

yeah Z, you should go visit Pipit, and whilst you're there, you might want to drop on me too {euh... lol!}

later,

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow, what a day.... getting invited by both of the women on this site all at once! :p

thanks for the offer... wish i could afford a vacation.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I want to go to Bali, or Thailand or the phillipines or.........
All I know is when I get my ten years long service leave next year, I will be going somewhere overseas.

AainaA

ian said:
I want to go to Bali, or Thailand or the phillipines or.........
All I know is when I get my ten years long service leave next year, I will be going somewhere overseas.
Indonesia would be a nice place to visit. A Cab driver had invited me to go to his island somewhere in Surabaya next year... strange .... I met him only once, anyways... if i'm still around - you're most welcome to drop by :)