Favourite Acor and Actress

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought Id start a thread on who peoples favourite actors and actresses are.
Well one of my favourite male actors is Al Pacino, he was cool back from the Scarface and Godfather days.
And favourite female actress is, well not for her acting ability, but Joanna Bacalso is nice, saw her in a disney movie called "Snow Dogs"

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
I like characters rather than actors... but Mike Myers is in a lot of stuff I like. Can't think of a favourite actress... there's just so much talent to choose from :p

AainaA

Mine is... let me see... Can't think of any coz they're acting, and wouldn't know them in real life except for Grace Jones - but I can't stand her acting as she is wierd both on-screen and off-screen {sorry sistah! but you know this - I've told you a quadrillion times as it is already}...

AainaA

[tab] said:
I like characters rather than actors... but Mike Myers is in a lot of stuff I like. Can't think of a favourite actress... there's just so much talent to choose from :p
are you sure its not something else :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
actress:

i think julia stilles and kirsten dunst have great potential.

actor:

for some reason, i can often times relate to the roles played by freddy prince jr. that doesn't make him a favorite though, although i do enjoy his films. i don't know, but i have always admired shawn conery. also, sylverster stellon seems to be pretty cool in person. :D

pipit

Emilio Estevez when he played in a movie with his father. I don't know what its title actually. I think, "maximum Overdrive" or something, and then when he played in Young Guns.

And Julia Roberts, esp. in "erin Brokovich".

AainaA

Ah.. Julia Roberts and that guy in Pretty Woman they were good, but you tend to like these actors/actresses by the way they look or even by the way they react to a certain given situation, but does that make them really good "actors/actresses"?

hmmm

Chroder

I think it's the whole package. If I know if someone is a total ass, then I probably won't like the movie/role they're playing then if I was oblivious to their real personality.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldnt say Russel Crowe is a complete ass, he just sometimes likes to drink and get involved in punch ups. He is actually rather down to earth and not snobbish like a lot of movie stars, plays/watches football, plays in a band at local pubs and clubs, that is when he is not getting paid mega bucks to act in blockbusters.
And of course he is from Australia, so he has to be ok.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Actually he's from New Zealand... we just claimed him. Ditto for Sam Neill.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
yeah well he lives in Coffs Harbour and near garden island, so he is Australian, so is Mel Gibson and same for the brothers Gibb, from the Bee Gees, I dont worry about little technicalities like where they were born :p

AainaA

which means that if i decide to bribe the aussie gov in giving me a residency, i could be aussie too? hmmm so chroder whatcha waiting for :D

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
school of rock
shallow hal

are just a couple that he has done within the past few years.

AainaA

okay... i've not been watching all movies then
american? jack black? english or something else?