Content Managment advice

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by chipper_001, Sep 30, 2008.

to remove all ads.
  1. voodish

voodish New Member

No worries, if you have any more Q's don't hesitate to ask, we'll have you up and running in no time :)

2. wetgravy

wetgravy New Member

I ussually set my clients up on freehostia.com they have it made so wordpress is installable with only a few clicks and it's free. As for the template, i can also help as i'm right now making around 6 templates.

3. starteasy

starteasy New Member

Im tellin ya, Snippet Master! It's free for a single user access account, and you only enter two comment fields in your html for snippet start, and snippet end. Then you run the php file on the web host, and it does it all itself.

Gold! Gold I tells ya!

4. shazzam

shazzam New Member

MSCMS Microsoft Content management system is a good option I have been using for some time now

5. voodish

voodish New Member

Will that run on a Linux server?

6. 4folds

4folds New Member

I'd try something like iUpdateIt or embed a blog feed into the site. With iUpdateIt you'd setup the spaces by adding a small snippet of code into the site (really easy to do) and then they'd be able to login and make changes to that space. With the blog format, they'd update stuff on the blog (using something like Blogger) and then the info they post would feed into the site using something like FeedBurner or WidgetBox. Each has it's pro's and con's. The iUpdateIt scenario is very open so they can add text with all sorts of fonting, add images, upload files, etc... The blog scenario gives them the archiving and marketing value that comes with it.