Best Web Design Software

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ian, Aug 27, 2004.

to remove all ads.
?

Best Web Design Software

1. Microsoft Frontpage

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Macromedia Dreamweaver

29 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Other....

23 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. brynmuzika

brynmuzika Member

I prefer to use Dreamweaver and the rest of Adobe products because it saves time when you code. I took advantage of the short-cut keys to be placed in a standard code placement. it is also feels relaxing to use with its fancy user interface.

Talking about image processing tools, are you guys a fan of Corel Draw? Anyone?

2. Advanox

Advanox New Member

DW Is a great tool :)

3. Bedrijfwebsite

Bedrijfwebsite New Member

Dreamweaver is the best website builder ever in my opinion! Every option works like it you want it.

4. anna

anna New Member

DW all the way...

@Brynmuzika- I use Corel a wee bit but I prefer Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign...

5. brynmuzika

brynmuzika Member

Yeah, me too. coz' Corel is more advisable to be used in large printing mediums such as a billboard while photoshop/illustrator is recommended to be used for web graphics.

6. dr50376272

dr50376272 New Member

does anyone know how i can write in japanese on webeasy 9 professional?

7. snyderTech

snyderTech New Member

DW is a good tool

8. CaldwellYSR

CaldwellYSR Member

Why in the world would you bump a 4 month old thread just to say "DW is a good tool". Seriously.... This thread was 2 years old before some idiot bumped it 4 months ago and now it's back again.

To Moderators, is there any way to set up an age limit on threads. Say if it's been inactive for... I don't know more than 2 months you kill it and don't allow more posts. The thread could still be alive for viewing and/or archiving but not available to add more crap to it.

9. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

Unless there's some backend admin stuff that I'm unaware of, that would be a whole lot of work for very little gain.

Truth be told, this thread has been around since Aug 2004. If I had to guess, I'd say people probably generally discover it through search engines while trying to find out what software to use. I can't imagine that it's really a bad thing for new people to drop their opinions in as well. It may serve to keep it more up to date. Not that I don't understand where you're coming from, I do, and with a different thread I might feel different.

10. CaldwellYSR

CaldwellYSR Member

I can see that... I can't see "DW is a good tool" being a useful opinion to a 2 year old thread though ;) but I can see where you're coming from about closing threads after age. Thanks Ronald

11. stlouisweb

stlouisweb New Member

text-editor, photoshop, wordpress, php/mysql
    doing things by hand (right) makes for immensely better code than any WYSIWYG editor, they just aren't there yet, probably never will be.

12. Nadah

Nadah New Member

I’ve been using Macromedia Dreamweaver for 3 years. I’m a professional web designer and it is so easy and comfortable to make web sites/pages.

13. Absolution

Absolution New Member

I used Notepad++ since it highlights the code well for PHP, Java, and HTML. Then I use the w3c website to check for compliance. Also I installed apache and php to preview my pages. All of this is free by the way.