Best program for logo design?

love

If you are looking for best tool, i think you should try : Adobe illustrator.
There are also other which have their own features such as coreldraw.
"Freehand" is i think more easier.

:)

Web1

Good suggestions Love. I use Fireworks. Also Gimp, cos its powerful and free, but you are gonna have to take the time to learn whatever you use..manipulating shapes, color fills, text..great fun, hope you enjoy and end up with something you are happy with. Logos are generally best kept simple, think of symbols, brands you know well, very few are complex. The Nike tick is an obvious one.

leroy30

I use Adobe Illustrator.. all adobe products are very powerful and productive once you get to know them :)

rwebber77

I use Illustrator because of the capabilities of Photoshop and Flash. Adobe is tough to top in design software...

WebbyD

Photoshop is the best program that I would recomend for logos. However I have used Gimp for alot of my logos without much difference or problem.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you ever plan on using the logo in the world of print media, then Adobe Illustrator is the best option.

chrisbkrh

I agree with all above comments. If you build a logo in a vector program such as illustrator it will enable you to scale up the file as large as you need without pixelation.

But ultimately, your first tool for logo creation is pen and paper.

There's no software out there that does design. Design starts with the designer and the concept. More often than not, those softwares or web services that claim to design or create a website for you will look amateur and real designers that are few and far between on this website will consider you a hack....

Adan Daroski

:eek:There are many aspects that go into the design of a proper logo and only the professionals know about them. The uniqueness of a logotype is of utmost importance to avoid confusion in the market place among clients, suppliers, users, affiliates, and the general public.To the extent that a logotype achieves this objective, it may function as a trademark,and may be used to uniquely identify businesses, organizations, events, products or services. Logo design is our speciality and you can discuss your requirements right away by calling us.
We will be more that happy to work together with you in developing your logo and corporate image.

Carry

If you are acquainted well with Photoshop, don't search for the other approach. Use Photoshop easly. Good luck!

semsean1

The vectoring in adobe fireworks is a really useful tool as when you are placing the logo over varying backgrounds you can see through the gaps in the design making for better placement.

Adara

Photo shop is the best program that I would recommend for logos. However I have used Gimp for a lot of my logos without much difference or problem.

ebiz

couple of ideas

On the commercial scene adobe photoshop and illustrator. Illustrator is great for vector's and photoshop for raster images. If you are going to print then a vector logo is very handy for resizing onto promotional products or other printed materials.

Inkscape is a pretty powerful opensource alternative though.

talitakdmnn

Adobe Illustrator would be best in my opinion for Logo design. Easiest I guess comes down to opinions. If you're just starting and just need something simple effective but simple to work with Photoshop is good too.

Bahnyen

Please guide me, how to use the vectoring in adobe fireworks. I'm learning to use it right now.
Thanks for any advice.