Wow! - Nice Website Design

threadsnlaces

Hey guys,

Im just geting into Web Design, little HTML & CSS right now and I have my first client. She would like her website to look like this one here - http://www.addicted2success.com

Any idea how I would design the sliding Banner at the top like that and how they get the posts set to a certain size for each display?

Rumpleteazer

It looks like this site was built with Wordpress. If you are looking to build a Wordpress theme from scratch then you will need to learn PHP as well (sorry, can't help you with that as still working on CSS - PHP is next for me). You might have search for a Flash plug-in for the header.

krymson

Google search jQuery plugins for wordpress, or just search jQuery plugins. Take a look at my site... www.krymsonproductions.co.cc this is not a plugin its custom, its not hard. If were you i would become EXTREMELY familiar with html/css before you take on ANY clients, otherwise you're going to end up with an angry dissatisfied customer and end up wasting theirs and your time because of your lack of experience. Dont mean to be harsh im just telling you the truth to save yourself an ear full from a disgruntled client.

Pheno

I hope the client knows you're just starting out in web design! As krymson says, you can use Wordpress with plugins, but you will need to know how to code yourself if you're going to expect serious money from customers.

notarypublic

agreeing with what others have said. Start smaller than this, or you're likely to get into a sticky situation. Would love to see you prove us wrong, though!

JackRT

The sites takes a few seconds to load, which is not good... unless my son is downloading something right now, lol...

leroy30

Congrats on getting your first client! Don't sweat it too much if you don't know how to do it entirely -take the punt if you know that you can work it out!

That being said they will always respect you if you tell them up front that it is a little out of your league, rather than finding out the hard way down the track.

To be honest I think you could quite easily find a wordpress template that resembles the layout and just change the graphics and text to suit. It looks quite standard to me.

Good luck!!

threadsnlaces

Thanks soo much for your advice guys, your help means alot to me. Yeah I have been looking around for some templates. may see if I can find this one or one similar, maybe even purchase it to get more of an understanding of how its made.

Wish me luck!

Thanks again!

aiteampl

if she wants something similar - go for it.
this is a word press theme - http://themeforest.us/Eekon-Demo
which you can buy at themeforrest.
editing and changing something which is there is easier - especially when its your firs client and you want to look professional.
good luck!

clonepal

You search for a wordpress theme that is similar with the one you showed us, install it and use some tweaks like jQuery.

topeka82

Wordpress Themes

Wordpress Templates from OWS Templates are 100% customizable, and great templates for Website Developers because they save you time and effort, and will impress your clients. OWS Templates has Wordpress themes that are designed for the Wordpress CMS platform.

Wordpress Themes