Wordpress

Mshockey

Let me start off by saying how much I hate WP. You cannot edit the code directly, and you cannot find the code to edit easily.

Our website contains multiple stories (like a newspaper) and our users are allowed to comment. Well, right before they submit the comment, there is a box that says they can use these HTML tags. I want to remove this box. I found the code to remove under inspect element (Chrome) but I don't know where to find this code in WP.:mad:

chrishirst

Staff member
Let me start off by saying how much I hate WP. You cannot edit the code directly, and you cannot find the code to edit easily.
A: Yes you can, and B: Yes you can.

It's all found in Appearance -> Editor

Our website contains multiple stories (like a newspaper) and our users are allowed to comment. Well, right before they submit the comment, there is a box that says they can use these HTML tags. I want to remove this box. I found the code to remove under inspect element (Chrome) but I don't know where to find this code in WP.:mad:

Edit page.php and remove this line of code

PHP:
<?php comments_template(); ?>

Or simply disable comments in the site 'dashboard'

Setting -> Discussions. uncheck
"[ ] Allow people to post comments on new articles "

Mshockey

A: Yes you can, and B: Yes you can.

It's all found in Appearance -> Editor

I did find this earlier! However, when I went to edit the code, I could make the changes but when I tried to save it, the original code came back and it the code that I changed didn't publish to the site.