wordpress feed into html site?

Jewel

I have a theoretical question about getting a wp feed into a html site.

I'm mostly using wordpress to build my custom websites nowadays but every once in a while, I get a client who loves his html site but is also running a blog on wp thinking it's helping with their seo. (It would really help them, if it actually would insert the blog posts into their main website)

In the past, I had inserted iframes showing blogger feeds to a html website. I have also used feedburner to insert the wordpress feeds into a html website but it's not showing images etc.

I'm not a programmer but I'm wondering if there isn't way to change the "blog.html" page to a blog.php page and use the
if posts script from the wordpress index page with some kind of string that would grab the posts including thumbnails etc from absolute url from somewhere else?

I hope I explained that right.

chrishirst

Staff member
but is also running a blog on wp thinking it's helping with their seo.
They are wrong.

In the past, I had inserted iframes showing blogger feeds to a html website
Which a good way of reducing/removing any duplicate content 'issues'.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could just put the WP site in a subdirectory and retool the HTML site's layout to make the WP look like it.

Other than that, you could use php to grab the RSS feed from the blog and parse it as content on the page. You would have duplicate content, though as Chris mentioned.