Wondering what language

jadawgis732

Hello. I am wondering what web language this website is in as well as what web design gurus would consider wrong with it. The site is caibenefits.com and I told my boss it needed "some" work rather than saying it needed to be completely redone. I can't put my finger on exactly why the site sucks without sounding like an idiot, "those frames...panels, tables- I dunno what you call em but they look like a 2 year old made em using MSPaint."
Truth be told, I don't know much about designing web pages, I'm sure I could hack it though if I had to. I just know, as an avid web surfer that the site sucks. Right down to the google result for the company (CAI Benefits) using the hyperlink "WHERE EVERYONE BENEFITS" just like that. All in caps. The site is awful, but I can't put my finger on why. And now I have to write a proposal to redesign it, explaining why it's the place on the internet I least want to be. I'm not kidding I'd rather be stuck between fat people on an airplane than on his website. Please help me to not sound like a fool.

adamblan

"Designed in 1996" is what you're looking for...

ps- site is pure html, missing <head> elements, and generally uninteresting

AdExpressions

I would just tell your boss that this worked back in 1996, but web standards have changed. Tables stink and this site has tables everywhere. The new way to go is to use cascading style sheets (CSS) and use div tags instead of tables. Plus, adamblan is right, there is no <head> element, the site could use some creativity because it's very bland, and there is a lack of keywords in the coding, which means that it is going to be a hard find for customers if they do not know your exact IP address.