which program???

vex

whats up all? i'm new to all these web page construction programs, which i completley hate because i went through the pains of learning html. anyway i was curious in regards to two things. i'm making web pages for people right now and some are demanding fancy text that could require graphics and all. the other requests have been form processing and search boxes. i was curious if there is a program that offers all these things in one package? otherwise i'll find myself buying photoshop for the text effects and form processors for all the forms. can i kill 2 birds with one stone here? wheres a good feedback source so i can compare all the programs out there. because these electronic stores employees never know anything! anyone have any advice for me????
thanx...vex

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the most popular combo seems to be photoshop and dreamweaver, which is what i use also. i don't know of any one program that would do both.

StephanieCordray

I don't think there is one program that will do both but there's is fireworks which isn't quite as expensive as photoshop and will export hmtl pages from whatever you make inside the program. It will require a lot of cleaning up in the code but if you have a pretty good handle on that, it shouldn't be too big a problem.

On the other hand, you may be able to get dreamweaver and fireworks as a package deal that will cost less than buying the two separately.

vex

thanx for the advice
here comes my next question regarding programs.
i plan on using shopping cart software, and merchant accounts. i've noticed there are e commerce series. if i decide to go ahead and go without a program and create my shop using manually typed scripts. how hard is it to embed all this encryption and software? will this involve advanced programming?
vex

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to comment without all knowing all of the details, buy as far as merchant accounts, I think when you are starting out, it is always better to use a third party payment processing service like paypal.com or 2checkout.com or something like that and work on integrating it into your site. Those systems are not that hard to integrate into your site.