Which platform to use?

gjhamilton

Hello I am a new user here and I hope that I can gain some knowledge from everyone and hopefully in the future add some as well. First off I would like to say my knowledge as far as web design is very limited. I started off using Frontpage sites and have started using Wordpress now. My question is what would be an alternative to design sites in? They are for my business and I really dont need a blog format. My biggest gripe about Wordpress is that I get so much spam I really can't tell what my real traffic is due to all the spammers. Thanks for everyone's replies in advance.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
lets clear up a few misconceptions here.

1. wordpress is not only a blogging platform
it can be customised and configured in any possible way, the only limitations are your imagination and your ability

2. CMS' are a way of implementing sites not "designing" them
design on paper first. or in photoshop. or fireworks. or whatever takes your fancy.

3. never had a great issue with spammers with wordpress, but it goes with the territory a bit I guess. it is the worlds most popular CMS afterall.

TheWebTaylor

I would really recommend using Wordpress as a CMS, although it is a blogging platform it can do far more than that!

I am a professional web designer and I use it for most of my clients. It is easy to develop for and easy for them to update content on.

If you are having spam problems, you should consider using a plugin. WP Captcha Free is a good one.

Good luck...