Which one is suitable for me. PHP or ASP

Discussion in 'Programming' started by webleaner, Apr 21, 2010.

to remove all ads.
  1. webleaner

webleaner New Member

Guys
    I want make the future in web programming .Please suggest me which one is better for me PHP or ASP.net

Please give me valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance

2. AK Web Design

AK Web Design New Member

I think you'll need to be a little bit more specific in what you want to do, webleaner.

3. mitchellpk123

mitchellpk123 New Member

PHP is a relatively simpler language to use than ASP.net. Initially,PHP was written in the C programming language to replace a set of scripts in Perl.PHP is just and interpreted language though it is strong enough to develop any kind of page you want to develop.ASP.NET is a part of a framework which means you may use the framework's abilities.Your ASP.NET application can be a part of a mobile, Windows,Windows Service,Smart client or even unmanaged code supported.

4. Johan Arthur

Johan Arthur New Member

web design

if you are a beginner you should 1st learn HTML code than php than ASp.I think the are corresponding in order.You also have to learn photo shop to design a page.

5. voiceville.july

voiceville.july New Member

:D Definitely the PHP web programming language...

Why? Because if we compare ASP.net, Php is one of the widely used nowadays..
    while Asp.net is already face out....;)

Focus on PHP bro..

6. leroy30

leroy30 New Member

I find asp.net easier to code than php but I think that comes down to the tools I use. If you ask me why not learn both. Besides once you know the ins and outs of one then learning the other is much much easier.

7. craftygeek

craftygeek New Member

PHP is much more common - all the major CMS & e-commerce systems use PHP, so if you want to create any custom addons for them, you WILL need to know PHP.

As mentioned above, learn... HTML > CSS > PHP....then maybe javascript & jquery

8. RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan New Member

I'd go one step further - you can't compare PHP to .NET directly.

PHP is directly comparable to Classic ASP, but for a truly apples-to-apples comparison you need to specify a PHP framework. Cake and Symfony are both popular, but the future of web app coding in PHP is the Zend Framework.

You should also learn design patterns, learn to use a source control system such as SVN or GIT, and learn your way around an IDE. Zend Studio for Eclipse is a good commercial option, or for free software Netbeans is good.

9. malcolmmorgan10

malcolmmorgan10 New Member

I'd prefer PHP. I is more secure and easier.

10. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

starting something of your own to build custom applications and giving support ur self: PHP

working for another employer and growing as an emp: ASP
    Ppl who know what am talkin abt know it !!
    cheers
    Josh

11. Beek-IT

Beek-IT New Member

I would say PHP.
    - Easy to learn
    - Most hostings support PHP

12. smoovo

smoovo New Member

Don't even think, open the book and start... Oh... i forgot to mention what language... ammm... PHP off-course :D

PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP PHP

13. Kelly

Kelly New Member

You seem to be a beginner for web development, so you should start with HTML. First got the basic behind the HTML and then move into a programming part. Because without HTML knowledge you can’t be good web developer. My suggestion is ASP.NET. ASP.NET is fastest growing web programming platform in present. ASP.NET there are more web develop architectures like MVC, SOAP and REST.

14. smoovo

smoovo New Member

ASP is slow, expensive, working only with Access and MSSQL DB, and has many bugs (PHP has very low). PHP is much faster because it is on Linux and Unix servers, It's FREE, and very stable.

Google "php vs asp"... :cool:

15. chrisxboyle

chrisxboyle New Member

php is easy to learn and open source, you need to learn more about the language for you to buid a good website for starters

16. Davina

Davina New Member

I prefer ASP.NET. Because ASP.NET is simple and its very powerful web development technology. ASP is relatively efficient from PHP.

17. sacrine

sacrine New Member

I have tutored a few people in web design over the years and I always suggest it is best to start out with HTML + CSS, then move on the JS with some sort of library such as jQuery and then move on to server side scripting. Really.. the server side language you start learning usually ends up being your language of choice however I would suggest PHP as it does seem to be better supported and cheaper to run.

Try installing something like xampp and playing around with it on your local machine. Oh and don't be like so many people out there who try to sell the language to the client rather than the skills you have... unless you know what you are doing any language is a bad choice for your clientele

18. che09

che09 New Member

For a beginner,I would suggest you should consider PHP instead of ASP.net as it is comparatively easier than ASP.net and has better support.

19. mattcrawford201

mattcrawford201 New Member

I prefer PHP more than ASP.NET. It seems easier in use....

20. mhack122

mhack122 New Member

i think asp is not face out.....there a few of people uses asp because asp is a microsoft platform while php is open source.....just a bit of correction...:)