which is better to start up......

rafyrod

Hi folks, I'm new to web development and this forum, and i would like to meet new people here. LOL

But i would like to work in web design and I dont know which software is better to start up I recently bought Adobe CS3, Microsoft Expression Blend, and I also have downloaded Visual Studio 2008.
To make things short I have spend a lot of money in books and software, but don't know how to start...

pliz any help is REALLY appreciated..

ahk2chan

Maybe you can tell us what you know first, and what do you want to focus in? Adobe is for graphics / layout design, and Studio is actually for application development...

rafyrod

well...

well i done simple web page in notepad and that about it....
but would like to learn how to build high end pages, I know it sound to much much for somebody that only know so much little like how to put html codes in notepad....

ahk2chan

Don't worry about the notepad... a lot of us do that... (ok maybe textpad, or ultraedit)

If you are looking at developing dynamic web pages, then I would suggest you start looking at some scripting languages, such as PHP or ASP. Also look at Javascripts library, such as JQuery or Dojo.

ahk2chan

... notepad? For myself, I have been using just a text editor to create PHP scripts. I have also used text editor to do ASP scripts too, but it is pre-ASP.net time and I have only done it for a few small projects.

For PHP / MySQL development environment, I am currently trying something called WAMP. Google it and you will find it.

rafyrod

I'm going to try that to see where it lead me....
I just downloaded XML Notepad 2007 from Microsoft...
But thanks