Which browsers do you test your sites on?

Coffee Freak

Back "in my day", I would test my sites in IE and Netscape because they were pretty much the only games in town in the browser market. Now it seems like there's a new browser coming out every day.

I'm guessing that IE8, Firefox and Safari seem to be the default browsers to test in. Is Google Chrome a bigger player than either of the other three? Is there anything that I'm missing?

I can't upgrade to IE9 because I haven't upgraded to Windows 7 yet. Still waiting on the Microsoft fairy to whisper in my ear that it's as stable as they say it is.

anna

The three you mentioned along with IE7 (you wouldn't believe how many people use that browser based on our analytics).

I also test on Chrome because their user base is growing, and I test on Opera just for fun.

I used to have to test for IE6 but THANKFULLY have been given the go-ahead from my boss to quit testing that ancient dinosaur.

iamshawnrice

I am finding success by designing specifically for IE7, then adding functionality and tweaks so it really pops in Chrome and Firefox.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
webkit browsers offer the best results.
then opera
followed by firefox,
and... all versions of IE come last.