Where do I get images?

Southern Chick

Hi all

I'm just about to start up as a freelance web designer in the UK, can anyone tell me the best places to obtain images for use on my clients sites or is it always best to ask clients to supply their own images? The last thing I want to do is break any copyright laws! :eek:

Thanks

Last edited:

purity

Content is the responsibility of the client, or an add-on charge. Remember putting something on the web is equivalent to publishing, and the client is legally responsible for every image and sentence that goes on a site. Be sure to add that in your contracts to legally insulate yourself.

Nathan Joshua

Content is the responsibility of the client, or an add-on charge. Remember putting something on the web is equivalent to publishing, and the client is legally responsible for every image and sentence that goes on a site. Be sure to add that in your contracts to legally insulate yourself.

This is exactly why I use Shutter stock, quite cheap for what you get.

If you're going to charge your customers per image, make sure you tell them before you make the website. A lot of clients are put off by hidden costs later.

Edge

istockphoto.com has some pretty decent photos. However, do remember that client might be surprised to find their photos also appearing on other websites.

Southern Chick

Thankyou all so much for your responses, you've been a great help :D

Any further comments or suggestions would also be greatly appreciated, thanks again guys :)