What to do next?

TheSaint

Hey there,
I'm a developper who likes to have a online portfolio for showcasing stuff etc. As most of you'll know, developpers suck at GFX. I've followed several PS tuts the past weeks, and came up with a few design. I started a new design yesterday and I thought "oh, I might as well ask for help somewhere".

What's the next step? CTRL + N? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

(please only talk about the template, the CSS etc won't be a problem)

1fv5p0.png

tevih

First of all, you need to spell "developer" correctly.

As far as "what's next" you need to determine the content that will be on your website, and specifically what will be on the home page. You need to prioritize each bit of content which will inform your layout. Then you start by just laying it out on the page. After that's done, you can start to make things pretty - but it will be a lot easier after all that's done.

Really, that should have been the first step, before jumping into photoshop.

cheers,

jonweb2009

just add the header at the top, navigation bar next may in the left. Add contents in the middle.

Add some banner above contents... an abstract of your profile

scottg

I like the background design, but that should be the last thing you create, not the first. Successful web design begins with a plan before ever jumping into photoshop. Follow the 5 d's of design: 1: define the problem, 2: do research (find sites you like), 3: develop the structure and layout, 4: design, and 5: deliver. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.

Kik

I quite like the background design and I think you're off to a good start :) Start thinking about what you want to add, and anything else like features or tabs you might want to include. Keep experimenting until you come up with something that's eye catching, and easy to navigate :)

muduli35

Hey there,
I'm a developper who likes to have a online portfolio for showcasing stuff etc. As most of you'll know, developpers suck at GFX. I've followed several PS tuts the past weeks, and came up with a few design. I started a new design yesterday and I thought "oh, I might as well ask for help somewhere".

What's the next step? CTRL + N? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

(please only talk about the template, the CSS etc won't be a problem)

1fv5p0.png

Yes ctrl+N

Web1

So this is for your online portfolio ? Maybe thumbnail gallery. Sorry this is just quick mess about in Fireworks. Not suggesting its ideal but just felt like having a play. Colors not quite right methinks. Off to bed now.

sample.jpg