What programming language should an engineer study?

Private-I

I'm studying electronic engineering at university, we have covered the basics of C++ and Visual basic. I'm noticing that every engineer has to know a bit of programming to help build simulations etc.

What should an engineer study? C++ ? Is Java used in any modelling programs at all?

MarkR

Java is a great place to start, so it's worth looking at that first. Even if you don't end up developing with it in the future, the language you will you will probably be very similar and you will have a good grasp of the structure.

C++ is worth looking at as well but I would suggest tackling JAVA first. C++ is a powerful but very difficult language to learn.

allenmicer

Programming language is not issue , If you are learning c or c++ then you can easily catch any of the other languages because only syntax are differ. The key factor is your logic.If your Logical concepts and maths fundamentals are very much clear then you can built a good carrier in Software development area.

davidsmith123

You are right @emmacanvas. I learned Python during my study now I am programmer of C#, so programming language doesn't matter, logic should be powerful.