What price to charge

Barnz

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what hourly rate do you charge for websites, scripting etc?

What is your hourly rate?

What is the going hourly rate?

What is the going hourly rate for a degree student who also has relevant experience?

zach

Depends, there isn't really a flat rate that most designers charge.

It depends on skill, experience, education, type of work, and designer preference.

I personally charge $150/hr and the service price (ex. Website $500.00 + $150/hr), but everyone kind of does it differently.

JMCDesigner

Depends, there isn't really a flat rate that most designers charge.

It depends on skill, experience, education, type of work, and designer preference.

I personally charge $150/hr and the service price (ex. Website $500.00 + $150/hr), but everyone kind of does it differently.

Agreed, plus a graduate with real world experience industry experience can afford to charge more than a student in the field.

riley454

I'm building a site site with a specific audience in my area, in my spare time and learning everything as I go. I'm hoping requests for web design might come from my site users. What would be a reasonable fee for ME(no experience & constantly learning etc) to charge?

I figure a flat competitive fee plus external costs would be appropriate. It's probably a bit cheeky asking for an hourly rate when a grad can achieve 10 times what I can in an hour:eek:

Marcus Cyganiak

I'm building a site site with a specific audience in my area, in my spare time and learning everything as I go. I'm hoping requests for web design might come from my site users. What would be a reasonable fee for ME(no experience & constantly learning etc) to charge?

I figure a flat competitive fee plus external costs would be appropriate. It's probably a bit cheeky asking for an hourly rate when a grad can achieve 10 times what I can in an hour:eek:

What's your website address if you don't mind me asking?

bret

Most designers/developers I know charge about $85/hour. It's really up to you though...

darrenfox

I don't use an hourly rate, it locks you in and rewards designers who are slower. It is poor for the client. I believe it is better to due pricing on a per project basis. With this set up, you can usually get more bang for your buck if you are good and the client is happier to see the total rather than an estimate of what it could be.