What langauges and tools to use

swarajban

Hi I need help choosing the languages and tools I should use to design an internal website/dashboard that will display important information about various servers.

I have an XML file that contains data about various machines (i.e. OS, uptime, mem usage, etc.) and need to display that information neatly on a webpage that will be used internally by developers. I have an intermediate knowledge of basic HTML and javascript, but I'm not sure if I should learn something like PHP or use some sort of predesigned template as a starting point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

emilyl

First try creating different blogs in blog sites. It wi;ll give you good experience creating website.

craftygeek

I'm not really sure how Joomla would help you here...

I'd suggest getting into PHP though - you'll be able to extract the information from the xml file quite easily & display it on a web page. There is an xml object specifically for this sort of purpose.

This is a good php reference:
W3 Schools - PHP

ashsmith

Since you have the knowledge of HTML learn CSS, then you can move on to PHP.
Yeah Joomla can help you if you have a larger website, also you dont need to learn all the advance languages. Just the basic HTML Knowledge would be enough.

riwaseeka

riwaseeka

Calculate the amount of money! Enter a maximum sum and our generator will give you ten to fifty problems per worksheet using euro bills, coins and cents. The bills and coins are arranged in descending order, making them a bit easier to count. Create fun and neat worksheets for math in seconds!