what kind of link menu is used on this site?

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is an unordered list menu with tall links. It uses entirely css. Not too difficult to build. One problem with that menu...it uses a large negative indent so if images are turned off the user will not see the link text. If you want the downward arrow you would need to use an image.

Without using images I would do something like this:

HTML:
<ul class="tall-menu">
   <li><a href="#">About</a></li>
   <li><a href="#">Contact</a></li>
   <li><a href="#">Blog</a></li>
</ul>
Code:
ul.tall-menu {
margin:0;
padding:0;
}
ul.tall-menu li {
float:left;
list-style:none;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}
ul.tall-menu li a {
display:block;
height:100px;
line-height:150px;
font:normal 9pt Arial;
color:#d47c04;
text-align:center;
text-decoration:none;
padding:0 5px;
background-color:#fff;
}
ul.tall-menu li a:hover {
background-color:#d47c04;
color:#fff;
}

shalon18

Pixel pusher has told everything.He explained the basic thing about the site.If you understand web design coding than it will be clear to you now.

shalon18

pal you are mistaking.
I am regular here & you can check my profile.
Don't blame anyone without knowing the real fact.

anna

pal you are mistaking.
I am regular here & you can check my profile.
Don't blame anyone without knowing the real fact.

Sorry "pal", but seven posts does not a regular make...

When you post crap like "Pixel pusher has told everything.He explained the basic thing about the site.If you understand web design coding than it will be clear to you now." it makes you appear to be a fluff poster. If you check the rules, you will see that Ian (the admin) has stated that fluff posts (i.e. your original post) are not allowed.

You can get offended until you're blue in the face, and accuse me of not knowing the facts but I checked your profile before- mostly fluff- which is why I stand by what I said. Pal. :)

LouTheDesigner

I second anna on this. Your post can be translated as "PixelPusher just answered your question." It may as well have been "You are on a website."

and lol at claiming you are a regular. I did actually laugh when I looked over at "Posts: 7" under your Join Date, which was last month.

Sorry if it seems like we're ganging up on a new member, but your post was just hard to ignore.

-Lou