What is the best way to do ecommerce

I need to add a way on my website to allow users to purchase things I want them to be able to use gift cards and coupons. What is the best program to do this with. I would ideally like for them to have to create an account but that is not essential.

mediacontour

There are many ways to set up an online store and checkout on your site. Some of the more simple methods involve using Google Checkout or Drupal. Many CMS also offer ecommerce solutions, many of which are open source and can be customized and extended to fit your needs.

web_design

zencart all the way, ive been using it for years for all my clients ecommerce websites due to its power, price (open source), admin area, and the mods avaliable for it.

wachtn

Zen-Cart is a great program. Almost suggested it myself. You should keep in mind that open source does not mean free. Zen-Cart is FREE open source

artina.l.graves

E-commerce

Ive learned it is best to buy a product that will allow e-commerce and build it into your web page. More than likely they will build it for you if you purchase it from their organization but it doesnt hurt to learn it.

arminium

Ecommerce solutions

If you already Have a site, You maybe try looking at a javascript add on, they are secure as everything happens client side. there is so many available its not funny

just google ".js shopping cart script" or add open source if your looking free

Don't forget if you use it commercially think about donating to them

especially good if you have a small site and you don;t need the bulk of a full cms, that i find are too complex for a lot of clients to run back end...... don;t get me wrong the big cms's are good in the right application