What is best domain name for a freelance Web Designer?

Code My Concept

I would say your name and just make sure to use clever SEO on the content so people KNOW you are a freelancer.

In this specific case, the name comes second, creating your own brand as a freelancer should be your main focus.

IMHO

ian

Administrator
Staff member
perhaps something that starts with the word webdesign or webdesigner.
and definitely go .com

LouTheDesigner

It's actually very easy when you think of SEO. For example, if you have a construction business and you are located in new jersey, then you should name your business "New Jersey Construction Company" and buy the domain www.newjerseyconstructioncompany.com

You see, when people are looking for a web designer, they either ask a friend or look online. If they happen to use a search engine, they will most likely type in the kind of service they want followed by their location.

So, if you think of a client trying to find a web designer, and the client lives in Maywood City, CA... then they will likely google "maywood city web designer", or at least something similar to that.

So my advice is to include your location in your business name, and use that business name as your domain name. You'll generate some nice traffic that way.

Lou

reynoldsdigital

To start with you should put you main keywords in you domain, might not look great but you will get found faster. Later on you can change the domain to some better branded. For example my site is http://www.webdesignlondon123.com - Quite a mouthful but they are the keywords I'm looking for. I have the domain reynoldsdigital.com which I hand to clients and later this will be the domain I will use as my main one.

Code My Concept

What Reynoldsdigital mentions is a very good idea, you can take advantage of both urls: one for SEO and the other one to look more professional

Yet, I'm still a firm believer in creating a brand from your own name. Maybe is an ego thing on my part...