What does my web app actually do? Opinions required!

tomasmcguinness

Hi all,

I've been running my web application, Caffeine Club, for over two months now, but it's not getting any traction despite receiving a small amount of traffic from its Facebook Fanpage (which I advertised within Facebook for one week).

I've had some interesting feedback from friends which seems to say that nobody knows what the web application actually does (or mis-understands). I'm guessing because of this, people don't stay (or download the iPhone app). They might understand and think it's a rubbish idea, so I'm not counting that out ;)

In order to understand the main issues, I'm looking for some feedback from people unfamilar with me, the site and what it does. That way I hope to come up with a better tag line to let people what the app does and hopefully stick around to read more about the application.

I'd be very, very grateful if people would take one or two minutes to visit http://www.caffeineclub.net and let me know what opinion they formed on the intent and function of the web app. I'm not trying to drive visitior numbers or signups with this exercise, I just want to understand what impression people form when they first visit the site.

All honest feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tomas

websonalized

Dear Tomas, you got a smile out of me!

What I understood from your website is that your app facilitates the person who'done the coffee run to notify friends and colleagues "in case they want something too" from the coffee shop. And by using the color that identify different vendor, the friend can specify which drink to get, instead of "mocachino with little soy and agave nectar as sweatner, with enhance sunflower aroma"

right?

what I think an image that shows the colored menus, and or a video with a funny story example would help the website visitor understand your concept better. By the time the reader gets to the menu color, you've lost some attention, you see we are becoming short attention span

Perhaps beginning the copy with:

Taken a back by your colleagues coffee order? "french roasted mocachino with goat's milk, and enhanced with morning spring aroma" Don't be, the coffee app blah blah

just brainstorming

tomasmcguinness

Yes websonalized - you've got the basic idea alright. Glad somebody understands what the application is trying to do :)

I think I have two steps to take next:

1. A new tagline that better explains the app.
2. A short video that gives a brief example of the app in action.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

Tom