What are your feelins about Media Temple?

hooligan

They host just about every major company. Thoughts feelings etc? I've been using them for ever now, there 20 dollar a month grid service and it seems to work flawlessly with no headaches, and there tech support so far is VERY fast. Any one else use them? Just seeing other peoples opinions or other options that people use.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I have never used them, but have considered them for a new project. The $20 plan with the listed space and bandwith does seem to be too good to be true, I am trying to figure out what is the catch with them. They do host one of my favourite sites techcrunch.com

ishie

Not a big fan of that company. MediaTemple always conducts "system maintenance" and it happens like nearly every day, which brings down your site for sometimes hours.

prince

I used them for a couple of sites we had in the US and they were good. I agree they do a lot of maintenance but it very rarely resulted in downtime for our sites. Also if you go for their cloud hosting option then it's highly unlikely to affect you.

bcee

I have been using their grid service for a while now (3 - 4 years). The support is on par with about every other host I have used but they do frequently perform maintenance and have some drops here and there, though they notify you about the maintenance. It hasn't been anything to make me switch but soon I will be running my own server so I don't have to deal with hosting companies. The price is pretty good for what you get.

onyx808

I been using the dedicated server for about 3 years and their support team is awesome! they dont offer 3rd party software but they will help you out anyways.. I would get the dedicated server 3.5 if I was you...

bcee

Had to come back to this one. Lately the drops in service have been pretty f*cking annoying to the point it messed with my SERPs.

On to my own server I go.