What are your concerns in developing a website for yourself?

DotCom

what are some concerns in developing a website for myself and building it?

Last edited:

Roddy

One of the biggest "concerns" is creating websites that work on the proliferation of mobile devices. I would guess that, by the time Santa has done his rounds this year, there will be more people surfing the net using them than computers.

I know its going to take a while for the rest of the manufacturers to catch up but you really need to see how bad a lot of images look on the new Macbook Pro Retina. Go to the nearest Apple store and take a look at some sites on one of these machines and you'll see what we're all up against.

I think its time for a new super-image format - or maybe there is one?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
retina displays when done right look fantastic and sharp. alas all my previous sites with 1:1 pixels for images now look a bit flat :(

Edge

what are some concerns in developing a website for myself and building it?
Well here would be my concerns if I were setting out to build my first website
  • It might look butt ugly
  • It might not work properly
  • It might get hacked

DotCom

does anyone here understand internet marketing? You are aware that you do not need to have your own product or service? just a website...:cool:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its time for a new super-image format - or maybe there is one?

Not so much a new format, but there is a new attribute for the img tag coming called src set. You'll manually create different sizes for your image and declare screen sizes for when each img size loads.

DotCom

For me my only concern is the security and the content.

Yes security can pose an issue, especially if you are in a competitive market. This is why it is important to have a team. The challenge however is that people would rather be paid to do a job than to earn from their own efforts.

opensource

Yes security can pose an issue, especially if you are in a competitive market. This is why it is important to have a team. The challenge however is that people would rather be paid to do a job than to earn from their own efforts.

Correct. Agreed.

marceleb19

That seems to be the way it is now a day's , finding the right team is the hard part once you have that you are golden