What are cookie-cutter websites?

X_Gary_X

I got asked if if I could possibly make a large amount of *cookie-cutter websites* along with a bunch of other websites that would market these *cookie-cutter websites*. Does anyone have a good understanding of what these are? and could you link me to some examples?

Thanks

leroy30

Generally I think it means templated websites. I.e. a cookie cutter website has been 'cut out' like a cookie cutter. There may be a large group of cookie cutter websites with just the logo and title tags changed but the rest is the same etc.. Not good for serious business owners because you wind up with a design that is anything but unique and if the content isn't unique as well then you will struggle with search engines because of duplicate content.

Sounds like this person wants to create one of those schemes where people buy a 'cookie-cutter' website that sells more 'cookie cutter' websites... like a pyramid scheme.

Pheno

"large amount of *cookie-cutter websites* along with a bunch of other websites that would market these *cookie-cutter websites*"

Sounds a bit like he wants to set up link farms to me by creating sites that link to each other in an attempt to fool the Google algorithm. So he's probably just after a template that he can use 100s of times and just change a few links and bits of text.

jumpingspider

A "cookie cutter" site is one that the builder creates so the title of the site can be easily changed to your domain name and the sites can be stamped out like using a "cookie cutter".

I would say,if you are planning on buying a ''cookie cutter'' website,you should think twice! It's not the worst idea but it isn't the best idea either!