What a mess

Ken Rogers

I am proud of the images that I am using for my website. I bought the image from istockphoto.com and did the photoshop work myself to integrate the image into my site.

However, I am concerned that the content section of my home page is cluttered. I count no less than EIGHT different fonts in use on my home page. I have ads all over the place. I don't like the font colors.

Could someone have a look over it and give me advice?

http://www.bigfatsimulations.com

Regards,

Ken

Here are my sincere suggestions
========================

1) Remove those GOOGLE ad's -- they are annoying and make the site look very unprofessional -- it's like making a statement " I started the website to earn money through GOOGLE AD'S"

2) The left navigation menu is covering the airplane image. remove it from there and write the buttons next to each other on top white space above " Air Traffic Control Games" and remove those black dots/lines (-----)

3) An example of good looking menu can be found at: www.etsy.com

4) Change the red color on the headings to light blue

5) change -or- to (or)

6) remove the dots/lines (---- ) from footer

If you wish, implement these changes and let me know and I'll pitch in more advises, if any

good wishes

lolkaykay

Align your content

Lining all your content up in a straight line goes a long way to making a cluttered site look cleaner.

Ken Rogers

consultingpalac,

Thank you for the suggestions. I took your advice and changed the red text to blue. I removed the google text ads and am trying google image ads, which look a bit tidier.

I am not sure whether or not to maintain the google ads. My earnings from product sales are 15x my google earnings, so I am thinking of ditching these ads altogether. Maybe I could find an affiliate program that offers smarter-looking ads, or I could even use this space to pitch products of my own.

I agree that the content section is a total mess. I would like to organize my products and combo deals into a nice tidy arrangement, similar to what consultingpalac showed me at www.etsy.com.

For the most part, I use css style sheets, but after countless quickie revisions to my site, I believe dreamweaver has snuck in a few in-line style statements.

Ken