WebTec Redesign

Fischecp

Hey guys, was wondering if you could take a minute and review our new redesigned Cincinnati WebTec website. Honest opinions are definitely welcome. We used a bit of Jquery to get a flashy looking effect but I have had a few people mention it looks very "templated" which I would like to avoid.

Thanks,
Chris

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it looks really good. You could use a little more whitespace below the fold.

The tagline is really out of place. Your page copy is very professional, but the tagline feels more fun, if not a bit juvenile. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good Talladega Nights reference, but it just doesn't fit here. Either change the page copy to be more fun, or ax the tagline; I'd go for the latter.

Fischecp

Thanks Ronald, I appreciate the feedback. I think I agree with you, it is a bit juvenile. We were trying to keep things fun on our site, but I think we can find other avenues to do that. The tagline isn't the place.

Thanks again,
Chris

krymson

Looks real nice, good solid color scheme. The darkness of the charcoal mixed with the green very tasteful. I'm impressed... i don't say it often on the first go around but im impressed.

From a professional stand point though i wouldn't put direct contact phone numbers on there. I would have people email you then you give them your number other wise you'll have every Tom, Dick, and Harry calling you at all hours. If you thought you were getting calls from salesmen before wait till you get more traffic. Heck i might just call you to waste your time from sleeping in the middle of the night ;) nah im kidding but do you see my point?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
From a professional stand point though i wouldn't put direct contact phone numbers on there. I would have people email you then you give them your number other wise you'll have every Tom, Dick, and Harry calling you at all hours.
On the flip side of that, I think it's better to make contacting you as easily as possible, especially if you're a firm. What I do to avert the issues Krymson mentioned is I have a Google voice number that redirects to my phone, that way I can dump that number easily if I have to.

krymson

On the flip side of that, I think it's better to make contacting you as easily as possible, especially if you're a firm. What I do to avert the issues Krymson mentioned is I have a Google voice number that redirects to my phone, that way I can dump that number easily if I have to.

I havent thought of doing that... hmmm i might have to get with you to show me how t set that up.

notarypublic

First impressions are everything - The first thing I see when I visit your site is the stock photo of the pencils.. that doesn't tell me much about your company, except that you have/take good stock photography. That may be why you've been getting feedback that it looks like a template, because most templates have images like that. Screen shots (and links) to some of your best work, pictures of staff, give me something that no one else is :) and in color!

That said.. wow. Otherwise this is a really fantastic site - that it looks something like a template is really a fantastic compliment, a lot of us here (or maybe just me) aspire to make sites this crisp someday. From a usability standpoint I would maybe like to see the navigation bar intuitively expand to follow which image my mouse was rolling over, instead of having to hover over the tab in order to make it expand? But that's fairly minor.

PS: favicon! :D

edit: Also, from a semantics standpoint, you'll do better with SEO if the title of your pages was in the format of "WebTec | Whatever the current page is" - google considers the content of H1 and title tags when it ranks pages, so seeding your titles with SEO friendly terms (like your company name) will boost your page rank. If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me :)

Last edited: