Websites for newbies who need help.

techmistress

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I was looking for some technical stuff and realized that alot of people are really new to web designing. (I'm pretty spoiled, and forget how hard it is to begin).

My sister just started an accounting business and wanted a website, had no money - typical, hehe. She wanted me to teach her how to use dreamweaver or frontpage, which was cool.

Problem is, she just could NOT get it! After 3 days, I told her it's time to get an online newbie program. We searched for hours and finally picked one. She was so excited and I was so excited for her, I wanted to share the new site with all of those people who are just as scared as my sister!

I don't usually promote stuff, because I like being independant and I'm a web designer myself, but this dotlaunch site is pretty cool.

You can find the site at http://www.dotlaunch.com. It's a really simple site builder, requires no knowledge and seems to be really easy. and it's, like, $15 bucks a mo.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, in case someone needs help getting started!

Good luck!

StephanieCordray

I wish I had seen that link about 2 days ago, lol. However, the person who needed is getting a handle on Frontpage, at least. I'll remember this thread in case I run into someone who needs something like that.

BaldEagle

I have always been curious about these things. When one views the source they have nested body tags and head tags and while I realize it won't validate it seems to display just fine. How do rendering engines manage to handle this? Is it because there is no doctype?

BaldEagle

SiteExpress

HAha, Wish I had sen it too. I just gave a away both my books to someone. I had Frontpage complete referrence, and the Dreamweaver complete referrence.