Website Tonight?

CaldwellYSR

I'm working on a soccer team's website for my aunt as a resumé builder. She has hosting with GoDaddy using Website Tonight as the CMS? Is it a CMS? I don't really know what it is but the current site is using a typical soccer template from Website Tonight. I was wondering if any of you knew the best way to build a custom template for Website Tonight because that's what she's used to using and she doesn't really want to change. So do you guys know anything about building for Website Tonight??? Only thing I've found online wants graphics and css only? I'm assuming I can do it with typical html and css but I'm not quite sure how...

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure WebSite Tonight is just GoDaddy's drag/drop website builder that comes with a bunch of templates to start from. I don't believe it's so much of a CMS.

usernamenone

A friend of mine had one of those hosting build your own site. I downloaded it through filezilla to make changes and uploaded. The coding is messed up but some changes can be made.

Edge

If you have design skills and some html and CSS then bin it. Does she have MySQL with her account as you could upload Wordpress and then stick a theme on it from Theme Forest and after about 1/2 days work she would have a pretty damn good looking site with loads of functionality.

CaldwellYSR

@sdesign1 I would have no problem putting wordpress on there she just doesn't want wordpress. She's been using Website Tonight for a few years and I can persuade her to make the change.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats only because she hasnt tried a better option!
You need to sell her on the advantages, honestly all clients r like that,
Let her know the limitations with the current, and the benefits she would gain.