Website size question

Skipito

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my English.

I have a paid hosting (no free one) with 5 GB traffic. The host is pretty fast. My website exists of images. If I create my website with a resolution of 780x500, the main page would be around 230 kb. When I create my website at a resolution of 1000x600 the main page is around 340 kb.

I really don't know which one to use. Which one do you guys advice?

Thanks a lot!

OpticMoon

Hi,

I think that all depends on the type of site. Seeing as most users surf using a min. of 1024 screen resolution I would go for that.

grtz

Skipito

Hi,

I think that all depends on the type of site. Seeing as most users surf using a min. of 1024 screen resolution I would go for that.

grtz

Hey,

Thanks but isn't 330 kb ''too'' much? It's a portfolio website. I'm also afraid that the 5 GB will be full too.

Thanks again!

LouTheDesigner

It's strange that I saw this post as I've actually had 2 clients ask me to make their sites "smaller," even though both had a width less than 1000. I now think the sites look way too small, but the clients are happy! I think what's happening is people (and I guess most of my clients' friends) are starting to buy the cheapest laptops that they can find even if it has a small screen size. The general public has no problem buying a an extremely small notebook running Windows 7 with very little RAM. I constantly talk to people who are looking to get a computer and I always lead toward a more expensive one, and they always say "Hey man. I just want to type word documents and do e-mail."

Of course, I want to say "**** them, this looks great on my 24" iMac and my 17" Macbook Pro," but in the end we have to accept that smaller website sizes are not only very acceptable, but sometimes very preferred.

Lou