Website review

advantagewebs

Greetings all!

I am a web developer and design websites for small businesses. As such, I am always looking to improve my own website and get feedback on it so that I stay on top of things! I would welcome any comments and suggestions regarding layout, content, etc...

www.advantagewebsitesolutions.com

Thanks!

tenthheron

Hi Jess,

I like your coloring, the photo in your header, and your font usage.

There are a couple of things that could possibly be worth changing:

1. The bottom of your right-hand column doesn't line up with your main content section. This is very distracting.

2. It looks to me like your site cannot be fully viewed on a monitor less than 17". I imagine you're aware of this, and you may not mind. I certainly don't. But I do know there are a fair amount of people who still use 15" or less monitors (especially laptops). www.charfishdesign.com (not my site, but one I like) is a good example that can be viewed in all monitor sizes and still looks good.

3. The mouse over images for your links seem a bit dark to me. They're already dark. It would be nice if they lit up in some way instead of getting darker.

Overall, it's a nice site!

Hope any of that is helpful.

-Ben

advantagewebs

Thanks so much for the feedback, Ben! I really appreciate it and will definitely take it into consideration and do some tweaking. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
With the advantage text logo, I would write the AD the correct way around.
I would also experiment with the colors on the mouseover effect for the navigation buttons.

advantagewebs

Thank you for your feedback, ian! I am playing around with the nav menu, but the AD in the logo was done on purpose and is part of my branding - not something I want to part with at this point. ;)