Website Review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by optime_design, Jan 30, 2014.

to remove all ads.
  1. optime_design

optime_design New Member

Hi, I work for this company: www.optimeconsulting.com
    Our CEO would like for people outside the company to look at our site and answer the following questions:

1) Do you know what we do?
    2) Do you like what you see?
    3) What would you change?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

Based on the first seven seconds (the approximate time it takes for a visitor to decide to continue [or not])

1: No.

2: It's very green, so for 1: I would guess at something to do with gardening or grass maintenance.

3: Depending on how close the 2.1 guess was .... Everything or nothing (though the moving/distracting things would go first thus allowing people to read what you want to say to first time 'home' page visitors.

3. optime_design

optime_design New Member

Thanks for your comments :), anyone else?

4. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

1. Overset text

2. the "our leaders" girl has a very weird looking head.

3. see 1. and 2.

5. aeroservers

aeroservers New Member

It almost seemed to me as advertisements and not content. Green isn't really my personal tasted for colors but it does have a nice layout.

6. Edge

Edge Member

Given that you are a reasonably sized company with budget to to deliver something good I'll be harsh.

1. More or less - I guess the terminology goes with the market
    2. It's OK but dated. I agree about the vimeo animation - very annoying that it keeps on repeating in a loop.
    3. I'd make it responsive, use HTML 5, get rid of the code that looks like it is from 10 years ago (dreamweaver rollovers - that takes me back). It's obviously designed to show everything 'above the fold' which has been shown to be inappropriate for the web for a long time now. More needs to be made of the home page in terms of content.