Website Review

jkemper

Hello, new to the forum, working on a few designs for my new website for my website design business.. Please let me know what you think of the design, the site is not done yet so don't comment towards that, simply the design.

d a v e

spelling: "Our team is made up of people with degrees and certifications in there fields,"

don't use click here as text put the link on the text itself e.g. to learn more about our services '

favicon

otherwise it's nice enough - a bit different in fact

chrishirst

Staff member
From a marketing/promotional point of view;

Click here to see what we can offer you.

is a much stronger call to action than linking "our services" is for an editorial link (in content)

Edge

From a marketing/promotional point of view;

Click here to see what we can offer you.

is a much stronger call to action than linking "our services" is for an editorial link (in content)

That's an interesting point. Usually I'd always say hyperlink the text itself purely from an SEO point of view but in this case 'Our Services' doesn't have much SEO value.

I reckon an even stronger call to action would be 'Click here or else'.

chrishirst

Staff member
That's an interesting point. Usually I'd always say hyperlink the text itself purely from an SEO point of view but in this case 'Our Services' doesn't have much SEO value.

Yeah, but the so-called "SEO value" is a whole lot of "might"s away from being useful, it might help with the ephemeral "rankings" for a couple of words, which might be for the "right" phrase that people might be using for search.

That's far too much of a chance happening to be making a mess of what could be your ONLY chance of making a conversion from a visitor that is already on one of your URLs.

Certainly you should use a descriptive phrase in the navigation structure, because that is the way you tell visitors (and search engines) what the destination URL is about, but in content, do NOT be 'afraid' of using "Click here for ...", or similar 'action statements' as anchor text.

BradT81

I do like the overall color and design but you need to do some work in the container. What about a JQuery slider? Your homepage should be more than just some text. Maybe a blog roll as well

RCM

I would either heighten the opacity of the black background or add a text-shadow of 1px (black) to the text to make it more readable. The submenus are especially difficult to see.

Maybe incorporate your logo's color scheme into the site itself somehow or the other way around.

I think it would look good if the headlines of the pages (only the top ones) had a background with a thicker opacity to make them stand out.

Good work so far.

deadmix

very nice design, simple and great nothing to say on this side.. there is only the lot of keywords you use... you should think about it and make it more smaller...