Website related services ???

j4mes_bond25

I'm soon to be launching my website offering Website designing/developing services to individuals and small businesses.

Some of the services that I feel comfortable with myself (and hence can offer it to my potential client) includes:

1) Web Design (actual designing of the website)
2) Compatibility (for different screen resolution & browsers)
3) Web Hosting (through some company over the Internet)
4) Accessibility (for disabled viewers, such as colour-blindness so they can change the text background and colour themselves AND can change font-sizes, etc.)
5) Domain Name Registration (through some company over the Internet)
6) POP3 e-mail & forwarding set-up (through some company)
7) Web/Hit Counter (through some company)

Can anyone recommend me with anything I'm missing and what does it mean by:

>> Keyword & Description Setup (is it meta-tag & description ???)
>> Search Engine Registration
>> Search Engine Optimisation
>> Front-page extention

Can anyone enlighten or recommend me further ???

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Keyword & Description setup means determining what keywords you wish to optimise the site for. An often overlooked area.

Search Engine Registration I assume just means submitting the website to various search engines, eg google, yahoo, msn etc

Search Engine optimisation means optimising the site content so that it is friendly to search engines, and contains the correct site titles, header text, etc

j4mes_bond25

ian said:
Keyword & Description setup means determining what keywords you wish to optimise the site for. An often overlooked area.

Search Engine Registration I assume just means submitting the website to various search engines, eg google, yahoo, msn etc

Search Engine optimisation means optimising the site content so that it is friendly to search engines, and contains the correct site titles, header text, etc

So, I presume Keyword & Description would be quite similar to Meta tag & description ???

But then again, wouldn't you say Meta tag & description set-up in itself should be enough to have our site automatically displayed in search engine, since even the search engine works on "keyword" and so is the "meta tag" set on my website.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There are many things where keywords have an impact, the site title, headings, text within the page, keywords within the domain name, within the URL and also importantly within the anchor text of inbound links. Meta tags do not have the importance they once did.