Website redo: Drilling tools company

michaelsnugent

Thanks in advance. All feed back is appreciated.

1. Old website: hollypipe.com

2. New website (Photoshop prototype): Google Docs

Anyone who is familiar with the well drilling or horizontal directional drilling industries, I would like your opinion on the product categories. See outline below:

Drilling Tubulars:
-Drill Pipe
-Drill Collars
-Heavy Weight Drill Pipe
-Casing

Inspection Services:
-Cleaning
-Nondestructive Testing
-Pull Testing

Drill Stem Subs:
-Kellies
-Tool Joints
-Crossover Subs
-Stabilizers

Machine Shop:
-Drill String Design
-CNC Machining
-Rethreading
-Welding

Last edited:

michaelsnugent

The site have good content structure. However I think this site need a serious love from a good web designer

Thanks for the reply; however that does nothing for me. Please, be a little more specific. NEED ADVICE... not ambiguous nonconstructive criticism.

Suggestions?

aracaris

I like your new mockup a lot better. Then main thing I would do different though, is to center your contents, instead of having them off to the side. There's some websites that work well off to the side, but the vast majority look much better if centered.
Even your old site isn't bad, but the new design definitely looks a lot more "pulled together" for lack of a better phrase (I hope that makes sense). The rounded corners are a good touch too.

michaelsnugent

aracaris,

Thanks for the compliments. Upon launch the website will be centered, but this is just a non-functional mock up I put together in Photoshop.

I've learned a lot about this company since the old website, and this has helped me to better organize the products and services. I think the new website is much more accessible and comprehensive.