Website pricing

dsydius

Hello everyone,

I am a noobie.....so please be gentle :eek:

I am in the process of designing a new site and would like some suggestions on pricing.

The site is predominantly in CSS, though I am using some javascript as well. I also have 3 flash elements (2 using dynamic text files), I have setup a shopping cart which is being used with paypal.

I have also transferred several domain names, setup email addresses, created a Wikipedia page and re sized some images (original graphics from a graphic designer).

Seen as I have not created a site to this extent before (previously, mostly static pages) I am a little unsure what to charge. I am doing this for a friend but he wants me to quote him as I would to a normal client.

Any ideas (in £ or $) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
DsyD

LouTheDesigner

How long did it take you? What do you think your work is worth? Also, prices can vary a lot depending on where you live. I usually would charge $50 per hour what what you were doing; but it all depends on how much YOU think it's worth. Your friend will likely agree.

-Lou

dsydius

It's taken just under two months but that's because I haven't worked on it full time. Probably around 3 weeks if I was fluent with everything I am using to develop the site.

I have been thinking around £20ph or a daily rate of £100 per day.

Hmmm......food for thought.

Thanks for your input.

DsyD

v2Media

You mentioned that you were doing this for a friend. Consider that when determining your final price. It is likely that the only reason you got the job is because of this, so Mates Rates would apply. Ignore what your friend says about "quote me as you would to a normal client".

When the company that I work for does a job for someone familiar to the directors, it generally gets a 20% discount. Matters nil to the company because discounts are tax deductible in AU.

Ignore this advice at your own peril because mixing business with personal affairs is can lead to disaster. Friendship is more important than making a few bucks.