Website opinions needed

JamieM

G'day everyone !

i could really use some help, i hope this is the right place to get it

visit this site

http://adultplumbing.com.au/

and tell me why you don't like it or would not call them if your looking for a plumber.

i work alone and have nobody at all to share thoughts with or get opinions from.

so any feedback would be greatly appreciated, no matter how harsh :(

JM

aracaris

I definitely suggest different coloration, I don't think that pink fits very well, as it's a color associated pretty strongly with young girls
Also generally "adult" is used for sites which have "mature" content, and I have to admit my first thought was that this was going to be a, well, a mature site of some sort having to do with plumbing, to each their own I suppose.
Otherwise it looks pretty good and is easy to navigate.

JamieM

ahhh, thanks for the quick reply, it feels sooo good to get an opinion.

i have good quality local traffic going to the site, but it seems people quickly leave.

when i first heard the name i too, had thoughts of, well...you know.

i was going to replace the design with a simple minimal business website, focused on content.

i can't really do anything about the name, as it's out of my control. maybe i can just not do it in pink, and keep it small and out of the way. so no pink at all, probably blue, being a plumber.

JM

chrisbkrh

due to the colors and name im still not convinced that this is not a plumbing that comes with extra services type of company. LOL

Jamie, here are a few questions you should answer. What do you want to accomplish with your website? Do you want to drive people to it as purely an information source or do you want to have some sort of commerce option? How do you expect people to find you? Where do you want the site visitor to go when they hit your page.

The impression I get at your site is very muted. The grey arrows are a poor color choice because they aren't highlighting those important features I think you want to stand out.

Message me if you want to spend a little $ and fix up your site. =)

mcorton

I also thought it was a gay adult site by the title and the pink. I would strongly recommend changing your name as I'm sure many of your potential customers see it in the phone book pass it by thinking the same. As far as the website, I believe it's well laid out. Not real crazy about the colors. I'd use colors with better contrast. It's easy to navigate.

JamieM

thanks mcorton for your opinion as well

it's good to hear outside views

i'm currently designing a clean corporate website to replace it, NO PINK, infact nothing to indicate anything adult related.

if the name is still a problem i will have to talk to my client about changing that. he says he was just trying to do something different. (think it may have backfired on him)

JM